This post contains affiliate links meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I make a small commission if you purchase through my links. For additional information, visit my affiliate disclosure.
Have you ever felt like you want to give someone the world but only have $12.75 in your bank account? Today I am sharing all my favorite FREE ways to show someone you love them!
Sometimes on Christmas, Valentine’s Day, or a loved ones Birthday, I really struggle to show them how much I love them with a store-bought gift?
If you can relate, I have good news for both of us! You don’t need to even spend a penny to show someone you love them. There are entirely FREE ways to give love and, oftentimes, they’re more meaningful than a gift could ever be.
This post is all about how to show someone you love them for free.
Are you ready for the secret to showing someone you love them for FREE?
Yes, it’s really that simple.
Showing love does NOT have to be all about the best and most expensive gifts.
Whether it’s a holiday, birthday, anniversary, special occasion, or just a regular Tuesday afternoon, you can show your love and let someone know just how much they mean to you with how you treat them.
Full disclosure: I’m a major stress ball around special occasions, struggling to find the “perfect” gifts for the people I love.
It’s only recently that I am realizing that gift-giving, while fun, isn’t everything…
There are so many simple, everyday actions that you can do to show someone you love them!
- Go on a walk & talk date
- Take care of a chore you know they dread doing
- Bring them breakfast in bed
- Send them a loving mid-day text (can be as simple as “thinking of you!”)
- Hug them for no reason
- Thank them for something they do that is often unrecognized (“Hey, thanks for unloading the dishwasher”, “Just want you to know how much I appreciate you cleaning up after dinner”)
- Give them a back-rub (or foot-rub if you REALLY love them😉)
- Make them their favorite coffee
- Remember small details (“I remember you saying you wanted to want this movie, so I rented it for us!”)
- Take an interest in their goals (“I believe in you! How do you plan on getting started?!”)
Related: How to Plan Goals
- Leave them a simple note for when they get up in the morning, especially if you’re not around (“Good morning! Hope you have the best day!”)
- Plan a day together
- Order/make them their favorite meal for when they get home from work
- Open up to them (Nothing says I love and trust you like some old school vulnerability)
- Give a handmade gift; these are often the best gifts anyways
- Binge watch a show together
Related: Top 7 Binge-Worthy TV Shows
- Give them a random, heartfelt compliment
- Ask how their day was (and LISTEN without distraction)
- Tell them how they’ve made a difference in your life (“I’ll never forget when you…”, “Thanks to you, I now…”)
- Give them random positive feedback (“WOW! The bedroom walls you painted look amazing!”, “Hey, your blog is really growing. You’re doing an amazing job!”)
- Offer a good-ol’ “I love you!“
It really is that simple.
Don’t feel like you have to break the bank to show someone you love that you love them…
Present are fun and all but ACTIONS are just as (if not more) meaningful.
Go spread some love today!
The world could always use a little extra love and positivity!