This post may contain affiliate links meaning that, I may make commission if you purchase through my links. Learn More.
Looking for fun things to do in December? Use this December bucket list to end your 2023 on the best note possible!
December is here!
The holiday season is officially upon us. For some, this means stress. Christmas shopping, holiday baking, and all the December events.
But, the holiday season doesn’t have to be stressful.
In fact, it’s meant to be ENJOYED. December is a month filled with magic, no matter how old you are. Sometimes it just takes some effort to reignite that holiday feeling that you had as a kid.
This bucket list for December is filled with all the most amazing things to give you the BEST December you could ever imagine.
Whether you tackle this holiday bucket list solo or with some loved ones, it’s time to sit back, print out your December bucket list, and get to checking off all of these amazing and festive holiday activities!
Ultimate 2023 December Bucket List
This bucket list is FILLED with great ideas for the month of December. Some can be done at home, some out and about, some for free and some may cost a dollar or two, some alone and some require a loved one.
Pick the options that sound best to you and get to living your best life this December!
25 At-Home December Bucket List Ideas
- Watch a Christmas movie (or five)
- Build a fire in the fireplace
- Cuddle with blankets and watch the sunset outside
- Make treats for neighbors
- Online shop (for others or yourself )
- Decorate your room for the holidays
- Play Christmas music and dance
- Do a holiday paint-by-numbers
- Do a holiday puzzle
- Decorate a Christmas tree
- Make homemade ornaments
- Complete a holiday word search
- Knit something cozy
- Have a game night
- Read a winter-themed book (Debbie Macomber’s books are great!)
- Make homemade Christmas cards
- String holiday lights in your bedroom
- Wrap gifts
- Make paper snowflakes
- Stay in your pajamas all day (bonus points for Christmas PJs)
- Build a homemade wreath
- Dress up your pet in Christmas PJs
- Watch the Grinch
- Write a letter to Santa
- Build a gingerbread house
25 Outdoors December Bucket List Ideas
- Go to the mall
- Have a Christmas light scavenger hunt
- Go to the Christmas tree farm
- Visit Santa!
- Go to the mountains
- Play in the snow
- Have a bonfire
- Build a snowman
- Volunteer and give back
- Foster a family for the holiday
- Drive around and give to the homeless
- Go to a small local business
- Go caroling
- Visit a Christmas shop
- Go to the Nutcracker
- Take a winter hike
- Go to a Chrismas parade
- Do a drive-through Christmas light show
- See a holiday drive-in movie
- Go ice skating
- Donate to the food bank
- Go to church (if applicable!)
- Buy a new cozy blanket
- Shop Target’s holiday section
- Have a holiday drive (holiday music, hot cocoa, etc.)
25 Food-Related December Bucket List Ideas
- Bake holiday cookies
- Make hot cocoa with marshmallows
- Make winter snack mix
- Bake cinnamon rolls from scratch
- Make homemade gingerbread cookies
- Make homemade coffee with eggnog
- Buy a seasonal item at the grocery store (Holiday snacks are the BEST!)
- Try a seasonal Starbucks drink
- Eat a candy cane
- Get a chocolate advent calendar
- Try 3 different flavors of hot cocoa
- Make a cozy winter soup
- Make peppermint bark
- Bake homemade bread
- Have dessert while watching a holiday movie
- Eat s’mores from the fireplace
- Eat all holiday-themed foods for one day (Christmas tree-shaped pizza, anyone?)
- Try fruitcake
- Make homemade candy
- Eat a pie
- Leave cookies for Santa
- Drink hot cocoa outside
- Bake sugar cookies
- Make an old family holiday recipe
- Have a holiday dinner
20 December Bucket List Ideas for Friends and Family
- Have a winter potluck
- Take cheesy family photos
- Participate in a white elephant/secret Santa
- Kiss someone under the mistletoe
- Have a family game night
- Cuddle and watch a holiday movie
- Have an at-home date night
- Give a gift
- Attend a holiday party
- Take a festive winter day date
- Call someone you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Buy a coffee and pay it forward
- Have a neighborhood holiday get-together
- Kiss in the snow
- Have a snowball fight
- Have an ugly Christmas sweater competition
- Wear matching pajamas with a loved one
- Deliver holiday treats to your grandparents
- Have a gingerbread house competition
- Spend a cozy winter weekend away with your significant other
Top 5 December Bucket List Activities
- Allow yourself time to relax
- Be present in the moments
- Share a laugh with someone you love
- Practice gratitude
- ENJOY YOUR TIME
Which December Bucket List Idea is Your Favorite?
These winter activities are perfect for your winter bucket list.
Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, prefer relaxing or activities, or enjoy being alone or with loved ones, there are plenty of ideas on this for you!
Free Printable December Bucket List!
Use this blank December bucket list template to fill in all the things that sound the most enjoyable to YOU this holiday season!