This post may contain affiliate links meaning that, I may make commission if you purchase through my links. Learn More.
“The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” just got a whole lot more wonderful. Use these Christmas affirmations for the holiday season to brighten up your Christmas spirit this year.
The holidays are touted as being the “most wonderful time of the year”. From TV commercials of blissful families decorating the tree and holiday Hallmark movies of picture-perfect romances, the commercialized image of the holidays leaves little room for anything but smiles and joy.
But, in reality, the holidays can bring up a lot of less-than-pleasant emotions for many of us.
Whether it be stress, overwhelm, loneliness, insecurity, food struggles, grief, or something else, Christmas can bring up emotions that don’t match the idealized version of the holiday.
If this is you, you are not alone.
There are plenty of people on both sides of the holiday cheer spectrum.
Whether you’re a holiday cheermeister (comment below if you know this reference) or have the Christmas blues, you can benefit from these positive Christmas affirmations.
Why Use Christmas Holiday Affirmations?
Holiday affirmations for Christmas can be a great tool for shifting your mindset, releasing stress, and improving your spirit.
Whether you’re already a Christmas-lover or not, positive Christmas affirmations are a powerful mindset tool for making the most of the season.
This list includes affirmations for improved Christmas spirit, gratitude, family and friends, self-confidence, and more.
Some of these affirmations may be exactly what you need this holiday season. Other categories may not resonate as much. Either way, within this list of 100 Christmas affirmations, take what feels good to you and skip anything that doesn’t.
The ultimate goal of these holiday affirmations is to improve your life in simple ways for a big change. These affirmations are short and sweet, yet can have a huge impact on your holiday mindset and experience.
Here’s to making the most of whatever your holiday circumstances look like this year!
100 Positive Christmas Affirmations for the Holidays
Use these different categories of Christmas affirmations to find a few affirmation statements that feel perfect for your holiday season.
Gratitude Christmas Affirmations
‘Tis the season for gratitude and thankfulness.
- I am grateful for what I already have.
- I am thankful for the life I live.
- My heart and soul are filled with gratitude.
- I am grateful for the love in my life.
- The blessings in my life are plentiful.
- My life is abundant and, for that, I am grateful.
- I am thankful for this present moment.
- I am grateful for this holiday season.
- Today is a gift.
- I will take time each day to count my blessings.
- Gratitude comes naturally to me.
- I am grateful for all I have and that makes it enough.
- My life is improved through gratitude.
- I see abundance around me.
- I am thankful for my friends and family this holiday season.
- The Christmas season fills me with gratitude.
- I am grateful for things much deeper than gifts.
- I am thankful for Christmas traditions.
- This year, I will make holiday memories that I am grateful for.
- I am thankful for the people in my life.
Holiday Anxiety Affirmations
As fun as they can be, the holidays can bring up a lot of stress and anxiety too. Here are some holiday affirmations for anxiety.
- I am doing enough.
- I deserve to enjoy the holiday season.
- It is okay to say “no” to things that don’t serve me.
- I have permission to rest this holiday season.
- My holiday does not have to be spent the way others are.
- I can choose to spend Christmas however I desire.
- I do not need to do it all.
- Christmas is about the memories, not the gifts.
- I know how to set boundaries this holiday season.
- I do not have to always be doing something to make the most of the season.
- My desires and needs are important.
- Some of the best holiday memories come from doing “nothing”.
- I give myself permission to step away when needed.
- I can navigate tough family situations.
- Boundaries are my friend.
- I will be gentle with myself.
- Self-compassion and kindness are my right.
- I have compassion for past holiday experiences that may feel uncomfortable now.
- I can hold space for my tough emotions surrounding the holidays.
- Past experiences do not define my present moment.
- I am doing enough.
- It is okay to feel anxious, but it does not have to control my holiday.
- My happiness is a priority.
- I choose to make time for Christmas self-care.
- I can be present in the moment.
- It is never too late to make a positive shift.
- I choose peace.
- I let go of things I cannot control.
- The holiday is to be enjoyable, not stressful.
- I can release anything standing in my way of a joyful Christmas.
Food/Body Image Christmas Affirmations
If you struggle with food and/or body image, the holidays can bring up a lot of emotions. Here are some holiday affirmations for body image. Please also know that seeking professional help may help through this time. Learn more about working with me here.
- I am deserving of all foods.
- My body size says nothing about who I am.
- The holidays are meant to be enjoyed.
- Christmas foods are delicious and I am worthy of enjoying them.
- I have unconditional permission to eat.
- I can set boundaries when others talk about their diets.
- My body deserves love and respect.
- I am worthy of enjoying holiday meals.
- Body fluctuations are natural.
- My weight does not determine my worth.
- I can be present in the moment and enjoy holiday meals.
- Food brings us together.
- There are no rules around my food.
- It is okay to eat past fullness at times.
- My body deserves food now, regardless of what I ate yesterday.
- I will not punish my body for enjoying food.
- I allow myself to enjoy all aspects of the holiday – including treats and meals.
- Food connects us and I will enjoy the moments.
- The anxiety I feel around food will not stop me from enjoying myself.
- It is okay to feel full.
- It is safe for me to eat.
- I can set boundaries with others and their body comments.
- Food is nourishing for the soul.
- Enjoyable food is natural a part of making happy memories.
- I can make peace with food and my body.
Gift-Giving Christmas Affirmations
Gift-giving can be one of the most stressful parts of the Christmas season. Here are some holiday affirmations to combat gift anxiety and shopping stress.
- I can show love in ways that can’t be bought.
- Gifts are no reflection of how I feel for someone.
- Presence over presents.
- The joy of giving means more than the item being gifted.
- I can enjoy the holidays without breaking the bank.
- My love cannot be expressed through monetary value.
- I am thankful for the gift of those in my life.
- My presence is a gift to those around me.
- I do not need to spend money to prove my love.
- I have permission to opt out of gift-giving.
- Financial stress does not control me.
- There is more to the holidays than gifts.
- Christmas is about connection, not gifts.
- My loved ones will love me regardless of my gifts – and I, them.
- I can enjoy the holidays without being overwhelmed by the stress of gift shopping.
General Merry Christmas Affirmations
These affirmations can be applied to the Christmas season no matter what you are feeling! Use these positive Christmas affirmations to boost your mood and holiday spirit.
- I can feel the joy of the season, no matter what I am facing.
- I am worthy of a happy Christmas season.
- My holiday can be filled with joy no matter what.
- I will find bliss in the small daily joys.
- My holiday does not have to look like what society says it should.
- I give myself permission to enjoy time off.
- During the holidays, my house is warm and joyful.
- I spread joy to those around me.
- I am surrounded by light and Christmas cheer.
- This Christmas will be happy for me and those I love.
- I gain happiness by making others happy this Christmas.
- Christmas is a beautiful time of year to make memories.
- I am open to new memories and happy times.
- I see hope and beauty in the world at Christmastime.
- This holiday season is extra special.
- The love I give is the most important part of the season.
- I have the potential to make someone’s season brighter.
- I feel joyful and uplifting Christmas energy.
- My energy embodies the Christmas spirit.
- I feel hope and peace.
- I see this Christmas season as motivation to give to others.
- My power to improve the lives of those around me is endless.
- Abundance is flowing to me this holiday season.
- I gain by giving.
- This Christmas will be truly merry and bright.
Merry Christmas to You!
I hope these Christmas affirmations can help you have a more positive holiday season this year!
Merry Christmas to you and yours…
And to all a good night!