This post contains affiliate links meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I make a small commission if you purchase through my links. For additional information, visit my affiliate disclosure.
Feeling hit with writer’s block? No worries. Here are 150 winter blog post ideas to inspire you this season.
As a blogger, it’s important to remain aware of trends, hot topics, and seasonal shifts.
We always want to be two steps ahead of our readers so that when they are ready to search for something, we have just want they need.
One of the highest times of year for bloggers (in terms of traffic and income) is the winter season.
With the holidays, events, and winter festivities, there is so much to cover on a blog – no matter what your niche is.
Even though there are endless blog ideas for the winter season, it’s totally natural to get overwhelmed with ideas OR feel completely uninspired.
Whether you have too many winter blog post ideas or not enough, this post is here to help you create a winter blog content calendar that your readers will absolutely adore.
Before we dive into these winter-season blog ideas, let’s explore the difference between evergreen and seasonal content.
Evergreen vs. Seasonal Content
If you are in the blogging world, you likely know the difference between seasonal and evergreen content.
Evergreen content is content that is relevant all year round. This is more stable and steady. These posts are helpful and applicable no matter the time of year, season, holiday, etc.
Seasonal content, on the other hand, is content that is tied to a specific time of year, event, holiday, weather, etc. While seasonal content may only be relevant for a limited time of year, it is incredibly important for blog traffic.
Seasonal content often leads to drastic and significant traffic upticks (which means more money in your pocket… cha-ching!).
Both evergreen and seasonal content have their unique pros and cons. For a quality, high-traffic, money-making blog, you will want to have a mix of both types of content.
Winter is one of the biggest seasons for blog content – and here are over 100 winter blog post ideas to get you started!
150 Seasonal Winter Blog Post Ideas
Whether it be surrounding holiday events, winter weather, or a specific month, these winter blog post ideas will give you tons of inspiration for the perfect seasonal blog content.
December Blog Post Ideas
These are specific blog post ideas for the month of December. (Holiday content will be in a separate category!)
- December bucket list
- Date ideas for December
- How to transition your closet to winter
- December fashion essentials
- December goal ideas
- Journal prompts for December
- December to-do list
- December bullet journal spread
- Quotes for the month of December
- December self-care ideas
Winter Health/Fitness Blog Post Ideas
If you have a health and fitness blog, here are some blog post ideas for the winter for you!
- Winter health goal ideas
- Healthy habits for the winter season
- Indoor workout ideas for cold days
- Outdoor winter run attire
- The best winter hikes in your state
- Outdoor winter movement ideas
- How to balance health and enjoying the holidays
- Nutritious winter dinner ideas
- Healthy winter breakfast ideas
- Cozy healthy winter beverages
- Indoor workout equipment for colder months
- How to remain motivated in the winter
- Health/fitness habit shifts for the winter season
- Mood-boosting exercises for seasonal depression
- How to remain motivated when it’s cold out
Winter Beauty/Fashion Blog Post Ideas
This is for all beauty and fashion bloggers. Here are the perfect winter blog ideas for you!
- How to transform your closet for the winter
- Fall to winter makeup swaps
- Winter fashion trends this year
- Cold weather skincare
- Winter hairstyle ideas
- Hairstyles for a winter hat
- How to style winter clothing (scarves, boots, hats, etc.)
- How to care for your nails in the winter
- Winter hair color ideas/inspiration
- The trendiest winter coats/boots/etc.
- Winter face mask ideas
- Festive nail designs for winter
- Makeup bag must-haves for winter
- Best holiday makeup products
- Affordable beauty gift ideas
Winter Self-Care Blog Post Ideas
If you have a self-care or self-improvement blog, here are some great winter blog post ideas for the season!
- Healthy mental habits for the winter season
- How to beat seasonal depression
- At-home self-care ideas
- Outdoor cold weather self-care ideas
- Motivating book for the winter
- Winter journal prompts
- Self-care winter morning routine
- Relaxing winter night routine
- Winter self-care ideas
- Mood-boosting activities for gray days
Winter Food/Drink Blog Post Ideas
Hey, foodie bloggers… Here are the perfect winter blog post ideas for you!
- Festive winter cocktail recipes
- Winter-themed desserts
- Winter charcuterie board ideas
- Dessert ideas to gift to neighbors
- Best comfort meals for cold days
- Cozy winter breakfast ideas
- How to enjoy favorite summer foods in the winter
- Winter smoothie ideas
- Soup recipes for cold days
- Creative ways to use up holiday leftovers
- Festive winter cookware
- Slow cooker recipes for winter
- Healthified winter recipe favorites
- Easy dessert ideas for winter parties
- Winter appetizer ideas
- Festive winter cookie recipes
- Hot drinks for the winter
- Kid-friendly mock-tail recipes for winter
- Gift basket ideas for foodies
- Perfect winter party menu
Winter Blogging Blog Post Ideas
Do you have a blog about blogging? Here are the perfect seasonal post ideas for you.
- Blog goals for the end of the year
- Winter blog post ideas
- End-of-the-year blog stats to track
- Blog goals for the new year
- Best blogging planners for the new year
- Gift ideas for bloggers
- How to batch content for a busy season
- How to start a blog in the new year
- Best blogging money-making posts for the holidays
- How to use affiliate marketing for your holiday posts
Winter Mommy Blog Post Ideas
Have a mommy blog? Here are some super fun winter blog ideas for you!
- Winter school lunch ideas
- Winter break bucket list
- Holiday gift ideas for teachers
- How to talk to your kids about Santa
- Santa letter printable
- Best children’s Christmas movies
- How to keep kids entertained during Christmas break
- New Year activities for kids
- Best matching family PJ sets
- Winter traditions to start with your kids
- Indoor family activities for the winter
- Tasty hot cocoa variations for kids
- Kid-friendly baking recipes to do together
- Festive winter snacks for kids
- Best indoor and outdoor winter activities for the whole family
Christmas Blog Post Ideas
These winter blog post ideas are specific to the Christmas holiday. (Pssst! – this is a major money-maker for affiliate marketing!)
- Christmas gift ideas for (any type of person!)
- How to have a stress-free Christmas
- Gift planning printable sheets
- How to celebrate Christmas on a budget
- Christmas self-care ideas
- Holiday party gift games
- Ultimate Christmas party planning checklist
- Christmas gift ideas for neighbors/coworkers/teachers/etc.
- What to do over Christmas break
- Best Christmas movie checklist
- Top Christmas morning PJs for the whole family
- Christmas traditions to add this year
- Journaling prompts for Christmas
- Best Christmas Amazon finds
- Christmas date ideas
- How to give back this Christmas
- Free Christmas gift ideas
- Best Christmas decor ideas
- Top Christmas DIY decorations
- Festive Christmas books to read
- Christmas outfit ideas
- Christmas dinner ideas
- Best Christmas cookie recipe roundup
- Gift basket ideas to give this Christmas
- How to DIY Christmas cards
- Christmas shopping tips
- How to organize wrapping paper
- Trendy Christmas aesthetic ideas
- Christmas light scavenger hunt
- Best Christmas activities in your state/area
Winter New Years Blog Post Ideas
New Year is a super popular time for winter blog posts – especially if your niche is related to goal-setting or self-improvement. Here are some New Years’ blog post ideas!
- Top New Years resolutions for (year)
- Best NYE appetizers
- NYE outfits
- Makeup for NYE party
- Habits to start in the new year
- New Year’s Day brunch ideas
- How to celebrate NYE with no alcohol
- Casual NYE celebration ideas
- How to celebrate NYE at home
- New Year, New Me habit swaps
- Festive NYE cocktails
- Best planners for the new year
- How to declutter for a fresh start this new year
- Easy DIY New Year decoration ideas
- How to celebrate NYE with kids
- Health and wellness goal ideas for the new year
- Reflection journal prompts for the past year
- New Year’s Day journal prompts
- Positive affirmations for a new year
- Tips to make the new year your best year yet
General Winter Blog Post Ideas
Winter, as a whole, is a reason to post – no holidays or special events needed! Here are some general winter blog posts to consider this season!
- Winter bucket list
- How to beat the winter blues
- Fun winter activities to do indoors
- Outdoor winter activities to do solo
- Best cozy TV shows to binge-watch this winter
- Top winter book recommendations
- Things to do on a cold day that don’t involve your phone
- How to make the most out of short winter days (productivity tips)
- Winter nighttime rituals for a cozy bedtime
- Hobbies to try this winter season
- Festive winter quotes to get in the spirit
- How to decorate for winter (post-Christmas)
- Best sunlight lamps for seasonal depression
- Ways to be productive at home
- Winter car accessories/tools for a cold car
- Winter cooking/baking bucket list
- Things to do with your significant other in the winter
- Fun activities to do in (insert winter month)
- Winter self-care night routine
- Winter Instagram caption/post ideas
When to Post Winter Blog Posts?
As I mentioned earlier, the goal as a blogger is to have your reader’s questions answered by the time they are asking this. Because of this, you’re going to want to aim to post your winter blog posts a few months EARLY.
In my #1 favorite blogging course, BySophiaLee outlines exactly how far in advance to post, how to content plan, and ways to ensure you are optimizing your seasonal traffic.
Without giving away too much of Sophia’s course (it just wouldn’t be fair!), know that you should aim to post your seasonal blogs about 3 months in advance of when they’re going to peak in searches.
For example, if you are posting a blog post for New Year’s, you’re going to want to publish it at the end of September/early October.
This gives Google/Pinterest/etc. time to read, understand, and rank your content so it’s there for your readers.
If this isn’t making a ton of sense, I highly recommend checking out BySophiaLee’s blogging course.
She walks you through step-by-step how she built her blog which now makes over a million dollars every year.
I follow her strategy and it has changed the blogging game for me!
That said, if you are already running “behind” by those terms, don’t panic! Just keep writing and get those posts up ASAP! You got this!
Go Write Those Winter Blog Posts
Hurry! Get those posts written, edited, formatted, and posted! You have such valuable information to share with your readers this winter season – don’t wait one second longer!
Be sure to tag me in your winter blog posts so I can give them some love!
Leave a comment down below telling me what niche you’re in and your favorite winter blog post idea from this list!
What a great collection of ideas. I found a few I noted down and hope I get around to writing about them. Thank you.
So glad you felt inspired! If you think about it, I’d love for you to come back and let me know when they’re up. Can’t wait to read what you come up with! 🙂