This post may contain affiliate links meaning that, I may make commission if you purchase through my links. Learn More.
Taking some time after a busy week to dedicate to a full self-care Saturday can be super beneficial for your health and overall wellness. Use these 100 self-care Saturday ideas to plan your own personal ideal day of self-care.
What is Self-Care Saturday?
Self-care Saturday is just a fun way to refer to a special day of self-care. The phrase “self-care Sunday” tends to be more trendy on social media. However, I believe that the entire weekend should be dedicated to showing yourself some extra love and care.
Self-care as a whole is greatly misunderstood. The misconceptions about self-care can be really damaging. Let’s break down a few of them.
- Self-Care has to Be Glamorous. Believe it or not, self-care is NOT all face masks, spa days, and bubble baths (although it can be!). In fact, sometimes self-care isn’t glamorous at all. Sometimes it’s changing your sheets or cleaning your bathroom. Check out the 6 different types of self-care here to get a better idea of how self-care can look different every time.
- Self-Care is Expensive. Nope, nope, nope. Self-care can be incredibly affordable – or even free! I will offer tons of totally free self-care options later on in this post.
- Self-Care is Earned. Heck, no! Self-care isn’t earned through productivity or exhaustion. Rather, self-care is an essential part of life. Without it, you will likely experience some burnout, exhaustion, and major negative mental/physical health effects.
Now that we’ve touched on what exactly a self-care Saturday is, we can move into the HOW. These 100 self-care Saturday ideas are PERFECT for your upcoming weekend refresh.
If you find yourself wanting a specific type of self-care (solo, free, with a friend, etc.), feel free to jump through these different categories and find what feels best.
It’s okay if your self-care needs are different than someone else’s. AND it’s okay if your self-care desires change day-to-day. Listen to what your mind, body, and soul need and go with that choice. There’s no “right way” to have a self-care Saturday.
100 Relaxing Self-Care Saturday Ideas
50 Completely Free Self-Care Saturday Activities
- Take a walk
- Step outside and take 10 deep breaths
- Rearrange your room
- Binge-watch your favorite TV show
- Make your favorite dinner
- Tidy up your space
- Read a blog that inspires you
- Listen to an uplifting podcast
- Plan for the upcoming week
- Make a list of life goals
- Learn about manifestation (lots of good podcasts/blogs for this!)
- Take a nap
- Turn off your phone
- Get inspired on Pinterest
- Have a baking day
- Meal-prep some time-saving breakfasts or healthy snacks
- Follow a yoga YouTube video
- Do a guided manifestation (Insight Timer is the best free meditation app!)
- Take a bath or shower
- Call a loved one
- Cuddle a pet
- Cuddle your significant other
- Put on comfy clothes – or even stay in you PJs!
- Draw something
- Sit in the sunshine
- Take photos of something you love
- Watch cute/funny TikToks – only positive TikToks allowed!
- Read some happy news
- Write a self-love letter
- Go for a drive
- Make a manifestation list
- Clear your to-do list (it’ll feel so good! Promise!)
- Organize your closet – list anything you don’t want on Poshmark
- Write and practice positive affirmations
- Ask yourself questions to improve your self-confidence
- Put together a cozy corner
- Educate yourself on the 6 types of self-care
- Brainstorm future self-care ideas
- Light some candles and/or diffuse essential oils
- Learn a new DIY craft
- Put together a self-care jar
- Eat some fresh foods
- Make a self-care schedule (get my self-care planner to help!)
- Drink enough water (check how much you need here)
- Have a movie night – popcorn, snacks, PJs, and all!
- Catch up with a friend
- Stretch your body
- Listen to a happy song
- Wash your face
- Spread positivity! Leave a kind social media comment, send a nice text, etc.
30 Solo Self-Care Saturday Activities
Feeling like some alone time is just what you need this weekend? Solo acts of self-care are a great way to refill your tank and rejuvenate yourself. Here are some ideas for your alone-time.
- Read a self-discovery book
- Journal on some journal prompts
- Take a fun local class – poetry, yoga, painting, etc.
- Sign up for an at-home workout class (Alo Moves is my FAVORITE!)
- Do a DIY at-home craft
- Take yourself out to lunch
- Take yourself shopping
- Order in your favorite meal for dinner
- Invest in an online course to learn something new
- Treat yourself to an online shopping spree
- Have a DIY at-home spa night
- Buy yourself new journals for self-care
- Sign up for online therapy (TalkSpace is what I use!)
- Redecorate your room
- Wander your favorite store
- Take an online yoga or meditation class
- Read your tarot cards – or get them read!
- Color in a coloring book – Check out this cuss word coloring book for adults. It’s my favorite!
- Do a puzzle
- Have a relaxing self-care shower
- Treat yourself to a delicious coffee
- Take yourself out to brunch
- Pick up your favorite snacks at the grocery store
- Start refreshing your wardrobe – buy some new pieces you love!
- Build a vision board
- Buy yourself flowers
- Book a massage/spa appointment
- Buy some high-quality skin care and have your own spa night
- Get yourself a self-care kit (for future self-care Saturdays 😉 )
- Take yourself out for ice cream
For More Ideas: 30 Solo Introvert Self-Care Ideas
20 Social Self-Care Saturday Activities
If you’re more extroverted or feeling a bit more social, these may be appealing activities for your self-care Saturday! Connecting with others can be a great way to make ourselves feel happier and healthier!
- Meet a friend for coffee
- Compliment a stranger – making someone else smile always feels good!
- Go on a “walk and talk” with a loved one
- Reach out to someone you miss
- Have a movie night with your significant other
- Call your best girl friends for a “girls night”
- Meet up with a sibling or close childhood friend
- Call a grandparent/aunt/uncle/etc.
- Pay it forward at the store/coffee shop – again, making someone else smile can make you feel good too!
- Learn your partner’s love langauge – use this quiz
- Have a deep conversation
- Set boundaries with someone that drains you (we all know them!)
- Go on a date
- Do a partner workout
- Go out to dinner with a loved one
- Take a romantic walk with your significant other
- Have a no-phone day with someone. Talk to each other!
- Make dinner with someone fun
- FaceTime or Zoom someone far away that you miss
- Give a big hug!
Why Have a Self-Care Saturday?
Now that you have 100 self-care Saturday ideas, you may want to know when and why a self-care Saturday is necessary.
The weekends are a really common and natural time to practice some self-care. So many of us spend our weeks busy, stressed, and overworked. During these moments, it may feel more difficult to practice self-care. (Check out these 5-minute self-care ideas for those busy days!)
However, on the weekends, many of us take a moment to breathe. It’s beautiful.
Maybe you have the weekends off work or you are just in a mindset that is more self-care-ready. Because of this, self-care Saturdays can be a really valuable habit to build.
Why Choose Saturdays?
The phrase “self-care Sunday” is super popular. To be honest, self-care Sundays are great too. (Heck, self-care on any day is great!)
But, self-care Saturdays are a great option for a few reasons:
- No Sunday Scaries. Sunday’s can be a really relaxing day, but, if you work Monday-Friday, you may be hit by the “Sunday scaries” on Sunday night. Essentially, this is a feeling of dread and/or stress for the upcoming week. This isn’t the best way to end a self-care day, so you may be better off with a self-care Saturday.
- Sundays are for Resets. Sundays are commonly a “reset day”. Many people choose to organize, tidy, grocery shop, meal prep/plan, etc. on Sundays. While this is a form of self-care, it’s not alwyays the relaxing self-care we’re looking for. Self-care Saturdays can be pure fun and relaxation – no pressure!
- Saturdays are Yours. I love Saturdays most of all… here’s why. Saturday mornings are great for sleep-ins. Saturday nights are also great for staying up and making memories. It’s the only day of the week (if you work M-F) that you can sleep in AND stay up. The whole day is yours. That’s a lot of opportunity for self-care!
Why is Self-Care Important?
If you are a loyal reader of my blog, you’ve heard me say this many times… but I’m going to say it again.
Self-Care is Productive.
Self-care is not “earned” through burnout, exhaustion, or productivity fatigue. Instead, self-care is essential to your overall wellbeing.
Everyone should develop a routine that allows them to practice self-care regularly. When we care for ourselves on a regular basis, we are more productive, healthy, and happy.
People that are hyper-focused on productivity and work tend to forget the important of slowing down. Ironically, rest, relaxation, and other forms of self-care are a huge part of remaining productive. You need to slow down and care for yourself on a routine basis.
Prioritize self-care and personal wellness – mentally, physically, and emotionally.
Not because you “earned it”, but because you deserve it and need it regardless of what you have/have not accomplished.